URL: http://refugees.uni-hannover.de/de/before-start/hochschulzugangsberechtigung/
accessed on 20/06/2018

Leibniz Universität Hannover

Before starting
Certificate of qualification for higher education

Foreign students who want to apply for acceptance at a German university need, like the German applicants, a Certificate of Qualification for higher education (Hochschulzugangsberechtigung). If the Certificate of Qualification for higher education from your home country is comparable to the German Abitur you will have direct access to german universities. If you are only allowed to study certain subjects in your country due to your school degree, then this is the same case in Germany.

You can figure out how your degree is classified in Germany on this website: www.anabin.kmk.org

If your Certificate of Qualification for higher education is not comparable to a German Abitur, then you must pass an assessment test (Feststellungsprüfung) to be able to apply for the desired subjects. You will be prepared for this test through a one-year course at the Studienkolleg.

General contact at Leibniz Universität:

Ludolf von Dassel
International Office
Leibniz Universität Hannover
Tel. +49 511 762 - 3964

Leibniz Universität Hannover as a member university of the German Rector's Conference (HRK), takes part in the nationwide initiative "Universities against xenophobia". More information at www.hrk.de/home/universities-against-xenophobia

Copyright © 2018 Leibniz Universität Hannover - http://refugees.uni-hannover.de/de/